Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lookin' For a Better Way To Get Up Out of Bed

Yep, going to try for a small blurb each and every day.

So, I can tell you how the summer is going or I can tell you three things:

1.  PET SOUNDS IS GETTING GREAT REVIEWS! IT MAKES PEOPLE HAPPY AND ALSO FEEDS ANIMALS WAITING FOR THEIR FOREVER HOMES! CHECK THAT BABY OUT! IF YOU LIKE IT, PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

2. THE YEAR OF LEARNING DANGEROUSLY comes out in paperback on August 6th! It's cheap, it's easy! I'll come interact with your friends and loved ones at book clubs if that tips the balance towards buying it! If the thought of me near you is off-putting, I promise to stay many feet away.

3. The kid has had a fully-realized summer. In related news, I drove 3,000 miles in two weeks.

Wait, there's another snapshot:

4. I spent this glorious summer afternoon sitting in my car eating a half-finished container of seaweed I found in the glove compartment while waiting for the kid to first finish sports-practice and then for her to finish being an altar-attendant at a funeral. On the plus side, ALLIE BROSH'S BOOK IS COMING OUT! I READ IT AND ATE SEAWEED! It's glorious! Get it at Vroman's in Pasadena!

Now that I think of it, it's been a pretty great summer.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Robin Raven said...

I hope you like driving. :) Sounds like fun!

I will definitely get the paperback of The Year of Learning Dangerously, and I need to pick up a few more copies of Pet Sounds to give to friends.

Thanks for the tip on Allie's book, too. I love her posts, especially the ones that she bravely posted about depression.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Lehua said...

So glad Learning Dangerously will be in paperback. I've read it cover to cover about a dozen times, and it never gets old! It gets FUNNIER. Glad the summer has been great! Driving in the summer is pretty much the only way to get anything done in Los Angeles, although the weather lately has been milder than years past (knock on wood). I know the city is working on it somewhat, but I do not consider LA to be a bike or pedestrian friendly place. And the Metro is not as convenient as one would wish.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Lydia G said...

Reading Pet Sounds, and enjoying it thoroughly! I love your writing!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

Ooh, I wonder if my daughter knows that Allie Brosh's book is coming out in October.
What am I saying? Of course she does. They always know this stuff before I do.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous babz8 said...

Pet Sounds is awesome! You also should read David Rosenfelt's new book Dog Tripping. He and his wife rescue dogs and had 25 at the time that they moved from CA to Maine -by car. With 25 dogs.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quinn, I had trouble posting this comment under the Watermelon. I mentioned you again in this post:

http://aholisticjourney.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/the-writing-process-ii-why-we-read-part-4/

I have to go back to your book to see if I have to change "mutt," as I'm not familiar with anything canine and am not sure that I used the word correctly in reference to your dog.

I thought you might take to this, esp the pages on top (How to Eat, the Wonder Years):

myholistictable.wordpress.com

The nasopure and electro-pure products (right margin) are some of the best I know of for sinuses.

I can't build the food blog as I'd hoped. I'm tied up at The Journey and with the homeschooling. But the Table stands as a reference for those who're interested.

9:06 PM  
Blogger BiPolar Wife said...

It's delightful to find someone who knows time with our children is borrowed and who enjoys it. Bless you.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


WOW GOTTA SAY YOU WERE A VERY VERY GOOD ACTOR REMEMBER TV SHOWS ALL THAT GOTTA SAY WISH YOU THE BEST.OK QUINN YOU TAKE CARE NOW .

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home