Saturday, March 16, 2013

Or Get Past the Covers of Your Books Profound

I was online, looking at other people's pets, as I am wont to do. Daughter apparated in the doorway and said "Kai Square*?" in a questioning tone.

Assuming this was a member of One Direction, I said "Yes...?" in what I hoped was a supportive way.

"Kai Square, " she began, "is used for measuring significance of samples or observations, a way to determine if samples are dependent, or a step in calucating p-score."

We stared at one another.

After a few seconds, she said "Right?"

I sighed and said, "Oh honey, I have no idea. That's your other parent. I drive you places."

She said, "Right. Go back  to the pit bulls, Mom" in what I am choosing to believe was a kindly tone. She bounded into the kitchen and Kai Squared at Consort, who listened politely and suggested she go check her work. Daughter went back to her room. Consort poked his head in the office.

"Thanks" he said dryly.

"Hey, you're the smart one."

"Uh-huh," he said, "Well, the smart one is about to try to find his Statistics textbooks in the garage, so maybe you could show her some pictures of puppies while I learn this again."


*I have come to learn this is chi-square. This hardly affects me at all.



7 Comments:

Blogger Wzzy said...

I didn't think I could love you more than I did. And then you went and used a line from one of my favorite songs EVER as the title for you post. xo

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sara J. Henry said...

And I love the fact that you thought this was Kai
Square.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Sara J. Henry said...

And I love the fact that you thought this was Kai Square.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Ubermunch said...

Embrace your inner actuary... if not for you... then think of your family.

http://www.beanactuary.org/

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Amy G. said...

I'm a little sad that Kai Square isn't a cute boyband member who will turn out to be funny and have a successful acting career. Stupid numbers.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Emily D said...

And here I was thinking Kai was a K-pop star...

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Lehua said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home