Saturday, December 01, 2012

Great Glorious Day

Twenty five things have gotten done today, very few of which add to our lives but all of which threatened to detract from our lives if ignored. We battled traffic in three area codes to make these things happen. Afterwards, we sprawled in a lumpen stupor around the house. My eye lit upon something.

"It would be glorious-"

Consort leapt to his feet, crouched in a catcher's position and barked, "Bring it! Bring the heat! Bring the household chore!"

Sometimes I suspect I've lost some of my mystery. This saddens me.

On the other hand, the pile of papers is being attended to and I can always rest assured Consort has no idea what I'm saying when I talk about different kinds of slingbacks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Robin Raven said...

Consort sounds awesome. Congrats on getting a lot done. I have to confess I had to google slingbacks, but hey learned a new word for me. ;-)

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Robin Raven said...

Consort sounds awesome. Congrats on getting a lot done. I have to confess I had to google slingbacks, but hey learned a new word for me. ;-)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

OK, this is REALLY off topic, having no bearing on the post above, but I just had to share this: while talking to my parents, I discovered that their first date was to see The Goodbye Girl. So going to see your movie led to three kids and 30+ years of married bliss.
And they love Tales from the Underwire.
I thought you'd appreciate knowing that your movie lead to a marriage. Indirectly.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Mark Moran said...

Yeah, my wife and I no longer have to speak in code ...

When she says, "Should I tell you something?" it means she's going to tell me something that I won't enjoy hearing and she doesn't enjoy saying, but she speaks and I hear, nevertheless.

When I say, "Could you do me a favor?" it means (for instance) that another crumpled tissue has been left in her jeans pocket, gone through the washer and clogged the dryer lint filter with hard (but clean) tissue pellets.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous the golddigger said...

Which of course makes me think of the fantasy that involves two men breaking into the house - two big, burly, handsome men - who tell me they'll do whatever I want.

So I have them move the sofa.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home