Friday, April 22, 2011

Walkin' on the Sidewalks

Char asked:

You found $10 on the sidewalk - movie, book, or something else?

I would buy two magazines. They would both be fashion. This is ironic because my nearly my entire wardrobe right now is not only unfashionable, it appears to be worth about $10. But I hate what clothes I can justify buying and magazines are filled with warming moments where I pretend I need Resort Wear and high-heeled hiking boots for intimate dinners in Gstaad. And then Consort says "Quinn, the cat's litter box is evil," and I realize that a) He never actually wanted a cat, let alone two, so I'll be removing the evil and b) I have exactly the wardrobe I deserve right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy in PA said...

LOL Within the last hour, I have cleaned my cats' evil litter box and dug through my evil closet trying desperately to find something I won't hate wearing for Easter church service this weekend (after facing the harsh reality that the budget is not mall-friendly right now). But since I wouldn't trade my world for a turn on the fashion runway either, your post was a much-needed smile - as always. Thanks!!! :-)

7:19 PM  
Blogger MrsDoodlepunk said...

Today I found exactly what the fashion unconscious middle aged mom wears on Easter Sunday. At WalMart, markdown rack. Spent exactly $23.87.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Char said...

:) i love magazines too but mine usually are of the cooking sort where i imagine all the wonderful food i would feed all my friends if i had a fabulous party. then i get tired from the thought and decide just to order pizza for them instead.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home