Monday, April 25, 2011

The Naming of Cats is a Difficult Matter

Robin Raven asked several questions, including a really interesting one which might be my ticket out of the writing doldrums. Today, however, I'm choosing the easy ones because I'm suffering from an Easter hangover, which involves no alcohol whatsoever but possibly has something to do with having five meals in one day and all of them surrounded by great lashings of candy.

What are the top 3 songs of your most-played iTunes playlist?

I just went and looked that up. The top is the prologue to "Little Shop of Horrors," the second is "Galileo" by Indigo Girls and the third is "Least Complicated" by Indigo Girls. Until this moment, I'd have sworn I like Indigo Girls but didn't like them like them. It would appear I'm wrong.

What are your favorite restaurants in L.A.?

Right now, it's Forage, by a mile. Incredibly delicious food, have never had a single element I didn't like. The fact that some of the vegetables are grown in local neighborhood yards is just kind of fun.

How are Anne and Diana? Did you choose those names because of an affinity for the books? (I'm a Lucy Maud Montgomery buff, so I was curious.)

They are very well and purr at you for asking after them. Did I ever tell you that a famous couple got two of their littermates? Sometimes I look at them and think Had the fates chosen otherwise, you could be dozing on a far better couch right now. They are, in fact, named after the characters, because Anne is a marmalade and is therefore a redhead and Diana possesses copious amounts of dark fur. Really, copious amounts of fur; I'd like the Swiffer organization to underwrite the blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger MommyLisa said...

Oh my HEAVENS is naming a cat difficult. Our family haggles over naming when we get new felines... its just been the two, but still.

Galileo is a great song.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Leta said...

I recite the lyrics to "Least Complicated" to myself when I am in danger of doing something dumb. Again. Sometimes I recite them to myself after I've done something dumb. Again. I love that song very much.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Nancy in PA said...

Love the names! We are trying to name a pair right now, and Anne/Diana was on the table for a while because my daughter has been crazy about those books/movies since she was a preteen (well, ok, I love them too...) and they are vaguely the right colors. However, it's taking us so long to decide that we may end up keeping the names they were given at the shelter! After reading one of your bunnyblogs, I was considering Benji for mine - short for Bengali Tea Cat! It fit better before we figured out she had an ear infection and that's why she was so cranky; as she heals, and thus mellows, I am forced to consider sweeter names. LOL

10:36 AM  
Blogger Debbie St.Amand said...

We have no peoblem with pet's names, because we are so totally lacking in imagination that every animal we get just winds up keeping whatever name they came with.

Our dog, Peter, came from the Humane Society, where he shared a cage with his siblings, Paul and Mary.

Our newest cat is Bear, whose name suits him not at all, but he doesn't seem to mind.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Char said...

i am not a big fan of the indigo girls but...i do like those songs. i find that sometimes happens in my ipod.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home