Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blog Book Tour: Claire

Claire asks:

Do you keep in touch with people you once acted with?

Not really, but it's nothing against the actors with whom I worked, most of whom were great eggs. First, I rarely keep in touch with anyone. If someone is in my life, it's because every three months or so they call me and say "Now, Quinn, would be a good time for us to see each other." And I say something like "Oh, has it been three months?" and they say "Yes," and we arrange to have tea. I'm weird and solitary and many friendships have died unnoticed and unlamented at my metaphorical gate. Also, I was a kid when I was acting and the other actors were adults. In my non-working hours, wanted to read, play with my pets and drink Tom Collins mix (No alcohol, just the mixer. I loved it). They had other plans.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann Imig said...

I'm a hanger on, keeping in touch with people for decades.

I loved gin and tonics as a kid, with the gin. Fortunately, I was only allowed sips of my fathers.

Can't wait to free associate with you!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous claire said...

Uh...I guess I should have asked Consort to run my question through his human grammar check.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Staci said...

It's refreshing to see that I'm not the only one out there who is so low maintainace of a friend. I have a friend that I talk to occassionally talk to once every six months on the phone and maybe twice a month on Facebook. When I can remember to log in. Hubby says it's because I don't understand the concept of true friendship.

Of course this is the same man who has finally reconnected with his "best friend" who was his best man at his first wedding and he hasn't seen in 10 years.

Go Figure.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Court said...

It's nice to hear about a child star who is so well adjusted and successful in adult life.

Great blog!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I have uncountable friendships that just wither away for that exact reason. I'm very good at calling back or returning e-mails or other such attempts at communication. I am LOUSY at initiating them.

And I also ADORE Tom Collins mixer - alone. Odd, but less so with your company.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home