Monday, July 06, 2009

Blog Book Tour: Char

Char asks:

You grew up as a child of the 70s and 80s - what is one vivid pop culture memory you have of your generation and if you could bring it back, would you? What pop culture item do you think will be representative of the current decade?

I have a unapologetic appreciation of disco which has something to do with my brain having been the still-solidifying stage of musical appreciation where Giorgio Moroder was king. If I'm stuck in the car and we're going simply nowhere, I will eventually put on "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)." I don't need to listen to all seven minutes, you understand, but Sylvester still makes me happy. Call Children's Protective Services on me, but the kid likes Donna Summer.

What's going to stick from this generation? I have no idea. I do sometimes wonder if the Millennial kids will go to college, fire up the old bong and watch "Barney" episodes in slack-jawed joy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

LOL I love that answer - and I confess, I love to sing along to disco (I sing shake your booty while changing the nieces diapers).

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home